Sunday, September 4, 2011

Girly Sewing!!

One of my best friends in the whole world is expecting a little girl at the beginning of October. I was blessed to attend her baby shower yesterday in Jacksonville. What a great time! It was so nice to see all of her family and friends that I hadn't seen in years! I wished the day did not have to end!

I managed to squeeze some sewing time in with my remodeling. Not as much as I wanted too and the cutest thing that I made, I forgot to take a picture!! It was the little ruffly dress from the summer 2011 ottobre. Too cute and tiny! I used Marie Horner's good folks and it turned out very nice. Hopefully very soon I will have modeling pics to post!

I used an ottobre lap tee pattern and made it longer and a lined to turn it into a sack gown. Added a matching knotty hat. Love this material!
keela1
Then I did a snap up romper from another ottobre issue. Used all different colored snaps and added one of my beanies. I just love these little things! They turn out so small, hopefully Ms. Tanner will be small enough to fit into it for a week or so!
keela3 (2)
And Friday, the day before the shower, I baked a cake! Decided at the last minute that it should be a carriage and went with it. Must have tasted pretty good because it was all gobbled up except for a few pieces! I never eat my cakes, I think maybe because when I am making them I sample too much!! Sadly my picture makes it look almost blue and it was a beautiful purple. I guess that doesn't speak highly of my photography skills!
keelacake
Have a great labor day! I am off to cook dinner and maybe get in a little sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment