Thursday, July 14, 2011

Testing Diaper Patterns!

Testing Diaper Patterns

So every once and a while over on diaper divas, someone comes up with a great new diaper and needs a few testers to sew it up and see if they like it. The other day I got a chance to set up a new one called the witteybum diaper. It's not often I come across a diaper that I really like, but this one has me hooked!

The witteybum looks like most diapers on the outside, but on the inside, there is a sham on top and on bottom, that tuck away your soakers. This one actually snaps them in so they stay in place, but can be removed for quicker drying time, brilliant!

At first glance, I was a little confused. I had never sewn one like this before. After reading over and over the directions, I went for it. Boy am I glad that I did.



This was my first attempt, turned out great. PUL poly knit outer, hidden anti pill fleece and the inner is suedecloth. The soakers are 2 layers of bamboo fleece, each, so when you fold them over x2 that is 8 layers on your little ones bum, and it is still so trim!! I topstitched all around the diaper and in retrospect wish I would have just topstitched the tabs. I like my diapers better that way.

        



For the 2nd one I used one of my favorite PUL's the robots, added a hidden fleece inner, and the inner touching babies skin is microchamois. So soft! Love this diaper, so I added a fun tee too. The lap tee is from the summer 2011 ottobre and I sketched out a robot from my head and freehand embroidered it with my sewing machine.(Just like the alien tee I showed earlier with the tute!)

For the 3rd one, I was on a roll and just couldn't stop myself!! I took a few scraps of pul, put them together and appliqued an elephant on the bum. This one has a tee too, the sleeveless lap tee from the summer 2011 ottobre. So cute!! This elephant pul is by far my favorite I have used! It is just so bright and fun for baby boy!



What a cute bum!! I think this is the reason why I decided to cloth diaper in the first place. Yes, I like the environment and I am happy to do my part, but it can't hurt doing it in such a cute way!!

I promise to share more about the pattern when the diva releases it! I think you will love sewing this one up!
Off to sew some!

No comments:

Post a Comment