Friday, October 22, 2010

2 Months Old!!

I can't believe Monday was 2 months since baby boy came into the world. Time sure flies when you are busy with 4 kids!! I haven't been able to sew near as much as I did before baby, but when time permits I am still sneaking into my studio.

Tristan has been extremely colic-y the last month or so. If you have had a baby with colic you know that it is no fun. It's so hard to see your baby scream and know that you can't do anything to help them.

My mom found a pediactric study done on infants with colic using probiotics. The study found that it helped with the symptoms of colic. So we decided to give it a try. We purchased a box of the probiotics at Target and I have been giving him the powder in breastmilk this week, once a day. I am so hopeful! In the last 3 days, we have had no signs of colic, during any period of the day. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is a cure for us. Here is the study if you would like to read up on it.


I did manage to sew 2 tie dye diapers up this week when I should have been sleeping. I guess mommas always find time somewhere! This was a tee that my 16 yr old wore and now Tristan has 2 diapers from it. I plan on making an appliqued tee later on this weekend. The diapers were knit outer, hidden layer of PUL, hidden bamboo fleece and the inner was microterry. Oh, these are so soft and squishy! They work great too! We went 3.5 hrs yesterday with no signs of leakage or wicking, yeah!!

The tee is a onesie that I freezer paper stenciled before Tristan was born. I cut it off and hemmed it this week so he could wear it with diapers. I used acrylics and next time I will buy the fabric paint. The acrylics tend to fade even after just 1 wash, lesson learned!


Another freezer paper stencil tee and the end of a big smile!


This is a set that I have shown before. Safari tee and plaid shorts, both otto, about a sz 56 I think. The shorts were the ahoy ones and the tee was the sign tee, heavily modified because it runs huge.


Oh and here is a sleepy time pic of Tristan in the first gown that I made him. I love this one! I do still have the plans of turning the sleep sacks into a PDF, I just don't seem to be able to get the pattern sized right for printing out. One day soon hopefully!





Off to sew something up while Tristan is sleeping! Happy sewing mamas!

2 comments:

  1. Tristan is adorable! I love the tie dye dipes. Those freezer paper stencils turned out beautiful!
    I hope that the probiotics are still helping with the colic. Very interesting..!
    And he looks so sweet in his little gown. I'm VERY excited that you're working on a pdf pattern for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments Tricia! The probiotics are still working great. I don't think it's possible to describe how relieved we are!

    ReplyDelete