Thursday, September 23, 2010


My Little Chunk!

Tristan turned 5 weeks old yesterday and his 1 month appt. was this past Monday. His nickname has been "Peanut" because he weighed only 5 lb 5 oz and was such a shorty. But after his 1 month weigh in, he needs to be called "Butterball"! Our little guy is now 8 lb and 8 oz, wow! That's great news for me because everything I made before he was born should start to fit around now.

Today he is wearing the owl lap tee that I made with the matching Sprout Snap diaper. The diaper is still a bit big on the small setting, but at least we will be able to enjoy it for a long time!

I drafted a wrap top this week, raglan style and the good news is that it fit. The bad news, I think I made it too small and I don't like the wide sleeves, so I need to redraft it. It matches a DDU serged diaper that I made last week.

And finally I had to sew up another romper for him to match his personality. Yes, my little sleeping angel has at times become a little monster! Gone is the newborn sleepy phase! He is fighting to stay up longer during the day and then fighting not to sleep later on in the evening. Hopefully this too will pass!

Off to cut out some PUL diapers! We are outgrowing our Ladida NB's and I think I am going to do mostly darling diapers newborns for now(the bigger one).
I added a long sleeved version of my Newborn Romper to my etsy shop. Perfect for anyone's little monster from about 7 to 9 lbs.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! It is a sewing mama's dream! You have such awesome fabric choices and the cutest motivator.

    ReplyDelete