Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Giraffes! Oh so Comfy!
I have always drooled over anything that I have seen made with the giraffe knits. They came out after Noah, my 7 yr old had already decided that animals weren't cool to wear anymore. So I just lived vicariously through other mommas sewing it up for their little ones.

Well finally it is my turn! A sewingmama was destashing a month or so ago and she generously shared a .5 yd of each of these colorways with me. These were printed on french terry and they are oh so yummy to the touch!! I just knew I had to sew up a couple of diapers. But, they were too cute to be by themselves, so I added a matching ringer tee and wool interlock soaker too.

I love how they turned out, can't wait for a baby boy to put them on. The tee is the altered one I have done previously from ottobre, just cut the front down the middle to make it a little different, soakers are from the katrina soaker and the diapers are size small ladidas. I did the outer with the french terry giraffes, the hidden layer is bamboo fleece and then the inner is terry cloth. I don't have any idea if they will contain anything, but boy they sure are cozy feeling!
Hubby is off tomorrow and he is assembling the baby's crib! I am so excited, can't wait to see what it looks like all set up. I told him I thought that if I had a "naked" crib staring at me everyday it would motivate me to sew up a crib set that much faster! Hopefully it works!!

No comments:

Post a Comment